Monday, October 28, 2013

Neverland

I am torn between my two advisers, Reason and Dreams. I have been accused of the latter many times in my life. Me, the dreamer; me the visionary; me the one who sees a bright future. Many of you may say, that is great, dreamers are the ones who propel the world. Visionaries the ones that make things happen. Those who see that bright future are the givers of hope.

I wish life would be that simple. Yes, I do have a dream, I do envision great success and I for sure, see a bright future. However, it does not matter if I can't bring them to life in reality. That's when Reason takes over and starts to nag me. Constantly being on my case, relentlessly questioning me if I have done this or done that. Reason is on a never ending audit, putting all my decisions, actions under the cruel eye of a microscope. Reason has a habit of not letting it go.

As you see, I am in a bind. I would love to be in my Neverland, I would love to have fairy dust sprinkled on me, I would love to fly and float over the Ocean of Possibilities. I would love all that, but that stubborn, hard headed Headmaster called, Reason keeps me in line.

The trip to Neverland has been postponed for the time being. Me, and my old buddy Reason, will grind it out until I could have that boarding pass to Neverland. So, my dearest friend Dreams, be patient; I am on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment