Thursday, April 25, 2013

Don't forget to say - "I love you"

I didn't know him, but those who are close to me, did. His passing was without warning, unexpected, shocking, leaving many behind with a great sense of loss, disbelief, numbness. Even though I have never met him, his sudden exit reinforced what I have been telling others for years.

We know, nothing can be taken for granted, yet we do. We like to think that those around us know how we feel about them and we think there is no need to verbalize it every day. We make plans, we look forward to getting together, we immerse ourselves in the flow of life.

I know about loss, all too well. I made a promise to myself long ago, I will not take anything for granted. I tell my mom every day, how important she is to me; how much I love and admire her; how I miss her every day. The same goes for my children. I would never miss an opportunity to tell my soul-mate, how I feel about him,  how much I appreciate his being. I tell my friends too, how blessed I am, for they are in my life.

Don't take anything for granted! Carpe diem, live your life to the fullest, pursue your dreams, make it happen! We are here on borrowed time. Don't say, "nahh I have time, I will do it later"; you really don't know if you do.

Most of all, don't be afraid to say "I love you" , every day!!


To all the readers of this post: enjoy, cherish, and embrace life!!





No comments:

Post a Comment