Thursday, March 12, 2015

Just Like Me - Open letter to my Unknown Iranian Friend

Hi!

My name is Judit. You don't know me, but that should not be a problem. I know you.


  • I know, that you wake up in the morning, getting ready to tackle the day, grabbing that cup of coffee, just like me.
  • I know, that you worry how you are going to make it on time in that horrendous traffic, just like me.
  • I know, that you may have a challenging day ahead at work, just like me.
     
  • I know, you want to grab a delicious lunch and enjoy some down time away from work, just like me.
  • I know, you will get annoyed if your computer crashes, just like me.
  • I know, you are planning your weekend to be with your friends and family, just like me.
  • I know, you love the World Cup, just like me.
  • I know, you enjoy your movies, just like me.
  • I know, you laugh at a good joke, just like me.
  • I know, you marvel about nature's beauty, just like me.
  • I know, you love taking trips, just like me.
  • I know, you love to sing, just like me.
  • I know, you can't wait to eat a great home-cooked meal, just like me.
  • I know you love, just like me.
  • I know deep down, you don't hate me, you don't want to kill me, neither do I.
  • I know you respect your culture that has spanned over 6 millennium, just like me.
  • I just hope, that one day I can show my home to you and you will do the same. 


My name is Judit.  You don't know me, but I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment