Sunday, January 5, 2014

Under the radar genius

Yesterday we put on those good ole vinyl records. Music and words from nearly half a century ago, resurrected in the quite suburbs.

Then I heard it "You can't run away forever, but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" and stopped. The words were familiar, the sound was familiar but somehow something did not add up. I realized later that the song was known to me, but by another artist, Meatloaf.

I love Meatloaf (not just the artist but the food too), I have always found his music non-conformist. The lyrics as they unfolded, opened the door into another world. It was true poetry. Later I discovered, that behind the music and most importantly the words there was one man, and one man only ; Jim Steinman.

He is truly the under the radar genius. I am not sure how widely known that he is behind some of the forever classics of the 20th century.

How many of us know one "under the radar genius"? Those people who are not publicly known, but create immense value to all? Do you know or have  a "Jim Steinman" in your life?

Let me know if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment