Friday, December 20, 2013

White Blanket

I watched as the perfect snowflakes touched the ground. One by one, they dusted the street, then their dance, so elegant, picked up and became frenzied. The frozen waters from the sky shed their aristocratic move, and came down hard.

What once was dark pavement, became white. Tree branches bent under the crystals and garbage left on the lawn disappeared. I wondered, how easy it is for this winter blessing to erase what is wrong. Covering us with its protective white blanket, muzzling the sounds around, banishing the ugly and grey.

I wanted to have a white blanket, I wanted to put it over the questions, I wanted to pretend that everything is pristine and innocent. I wanted to forget the cruel world out there. I don't have a white blanket, nothing can be covered, I have to face what is under it.

The snowflakes touched the ground, whiteness engulfed the street and I saw it; PEACE and SILENCE tangled up in one hovering above me. Come, cover me with your white blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment